Mortgage Refinance Process
Whether you’re looking for extra cash in your pocket or a lower interest rate, I will take you through every step of your refinance with confidence and clarity. Together, we will explore your financial goals and determine the best options considering your documentation, credit score, and property’s current value.
A mortgage refinance calculator will show me your exact new interest rate, monthly payments, and loan amount. I shop for the best rate and lock it promptly while charging competitive fees.
Here are the steps:
- Gather paperwork. The refinance process is very similar to an initial home loan.
You will need to show:
- Proof of income – original pay stubs for the last 30 days. I can explore other options if necessary for your specific situation, such as bank statements or tax returns.
- Homeowners insurance – verifies that your property has current and sufficient coverage.
- Tax forms like W-2’s and 1099’s – verifies employment and income history.
- Total assets – documents all of your assets aside from your home including savings accounts, stocks and bonds, CDs, mutual funds, retire funds such as 401Ks, and other real estate.
- Underwriting process. I will collect your paperwork, find out your credit score, and obtain a home appraisal to determine for which loans you qualify. Feel certain that my experience in the field and network of professionals will take you through this important step with confidence and precision.
- Prepare for the closing. Once the mortgage refinance is approved by the lender, I will schedule a date for signing the papers that benefits you the most. Federal law (15 USC 1635) says that if you are choosing a different lender for your refinance, you have three days to change your mind after signing the documents if the loan is for your primary residence. These three days are called the rescission period which includes Saturdays, but not Sundays or bank holidays. I take all of these details into consideration.
Once your refinance process is complete, I will guide you as far as your new payment schedule, making it as seamless and convenient as possible. My commitment is to help you achieve your goals in the easiest and most efficient manner.
Contact my office or cell phone to start exploring your refinance options and change your current loan terms for a better financial future.